Antibodies to phosphorylated amino acids

Gary Krause gkrause at
Fri Jan 27 10:41:22 EST 1995

In article <3ga5j2$omq at> rmiller at (Richard Miller) writes:
>From: rmiller at (Richard Miller)
>Subject: Re: Antibodies to phosphorylated amino acids
>Date: 27 Jan 1995 06:58:42 GMT

I can echo the lack of specifity of Sigma's phosphoserine antibody.  We use
brain tissue and we get a large number of bands that represent non-specific
staining.  Another problem is background blocking.  Using non-fat fry milk is
impossible since it contains phosphoserine proteins.  Using only tween-20
gives horrible backgrounds.  We are trying BSA/tween-20 which helps some, but
we are nowhere near publishable quality pictures.

Gary Krause (gkrause at
Department of Emergency Medicine
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI USA