Converting CHARM files

Christopher Blencowe cbb at
Wed Jul 19 02:52:44 EST 1995

Well, I did not test it with charmm files, but BABEL ( for several
platforms) will make such conversions for you.

Go to
and look for the software keyword 'babel'.

Sincerly Christopher

Matt Parker (at332 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA) wrote:

: 	Hi! I have a coordinate file for a modeled protein structure, in
: CHARM format. I can view it in RasMol, but I want to do some manipulations,
: model some mutagenesis, etc. We have a program called HyperChem (from
: HyperCube, Inc. Waterloo, Ontario), but this program will not read
: CHARM files.

: 	Is there some easy way to convert a CHARM file into something like
: a PDB format file? I suppose I COULD edit all 1000 lines, one at a time,
: but I'd prefer not to! I have heard that there is a program called BABEL
: which might be able to do what I need.

: 	Thanks!
: 		Matthew Parker