Help needed with Ca-Transport assays

HERNDZA AGUSTIN.HERNANDEZ at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 6 09:19:30 EST 1995

Hi
I am working on Ca-transport across plasma membrane in fungi. I have, so far,
found a 'P'-Type Ca-ATPase of which I should like to determine its kinetic
parameters (Km, Vmax, Ki's). However, I am encountering some problems when I
vary the conc. of Ca or ATP in the assay, although I think I am taking into
account the changes in ionic strength etc. and I vary the Ca/EGTA buffer
accordingly.
Is there anyone in the net that have done such experiments in other systems?.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Agustin Hernandez

e-mail: Agustin.Hernandez at BBSRC.ac.uk