Re-Lysozyme molar absorption coefficient

RossN at imb.lan.nrc.ca RossN at imb.lan.nrc.ca
Tue Mar 7 07:44:51 EST 1995

CRC's Practical handbook of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Fasman, GE,
Ed) (1989 or 1990) has molar extinction coefficients for several proteins,
including different forms of lysozyme. Molar extinction coefficient for egg
white lysozyme ranges from 36,000 to 39,000 M-1 cm-1 (or A(1%) = 24.7 -
26.5 cm-1) depending on buffer. Hope this is helpful,

Neil W. Ross, Ph.D.
National Research Council Canada
Institute for Marine Biosciences
1411 Oxford St., Halifax, NS  B3H 3Z1