mitochondrial carriers

David R. Nelson dnelson at utmem1.utmem.edu
Fri Mar 10 11:47:33 EST 1995

		For those interested in mitochondrial carriers, or mitochondrial inner
membrane proteins generally, I have included a list of all the mito
carriers I could find by blast searching with multiple carriers against the
yeast database and against the non-redundant NCBI blast server database.
There is also an alignment of mitochondrial carriers (80 sequences) with
more to be added soon. There are 20 yeast carriers so far, but only a few
have their function identified. The lists and the alignment are available
on the World Wide Web at The Dept. of Biochemistry Web server
http://drnelson.utmem.edu/homepage.html
I am currrently working on assembling this data and it may change
frequently, so you might want to check it again in a month or so.

--
David R. Nelson
Assistant Professor