SDS PAGE and UREA in sample

Brian A. Hollander afn08460 at FREENET.UFL.EDU
Fri Mar 10 16:07:36 EST 1995

In my experience it does not as long as you *do not heat* your samples.
If you heat them the proteins in your samples will becone carbamylated
due to the ionized urea. This probably happens to some extent even
without boiling, but It hasn't seemed to affect migration if the samples
are processed and loaded at room temp. at least in my hands.

BAH