TGF-beta in Matrigel (EHS gel): actrive?

Mike Gardner M.J.Gardner at bham.ac.uk
Mon Mar 13 12:21:09 EST 1995

Although TGF-beta has been suggested to be present in EHS gel I am
looking for evidence that this does not affect hepatocyte growth
(possibly as the TGF-beta is present in an inactive form).
I have read a couple of papers  where anti-TGF-beta-1 antibodies have
succesfully been used to block morphological effects but none with
regard to growth.

If anyone has could suggest any leads on this I would be most grateful
thanks in advance, Mike

Mike Gardner     M.J.Gardner at bham.ac.uk
Dept. Biochemistry, University of Birmingham, UK.
----
"Try to have a thought of your own Baldrick. Thinking is *so*
important"