For Sale: Discount Lab Glasswa

gallas at vccnw06.its.rpi.edu
Tue Mar 14 13:04:21 EST 1995

John Brookes <labware at crl.com> writes:

> CyberGlass is offering Laboratory Glassware
> of all types for sale at discount prices:

<commercial announcement deleted>

I personally hope that John Brookes will be flooded
with angry email regarding this announcement.  It seems
to me that the internet will be doomed as a means of
exchanging scientific information if it becomes a
"free" junkmail system.

I put "free" in quotes because postings are not in fact
free any more than email is.  Each institution which
participates in the internet foots the bill for junk
in terms of larger file server requirements and other
tangible expenses.

Stuart
gallas at rpi.edu