O-linked glycosylation

Tim Dudgeon dudgeon at britbio.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 09:43:13 EST 1995

I have a recombinant protein produced in the yeast Pichia pastoris that is
partially glycosylated with O-linked sugar (it must be O-linked - there are no
N-linked sites). I wish to remove the glycosylated protein from the
non-glycosylated. I have tried using ConA-Sepharose (Pharmacia) and Glycine-Max
(Sigma). Neither of these has appeared to bind.  The ConA comes with
instructions that have been followed. No instructions could be found for
Gycine-MAx and Sigma were not forthcoming.

Has anyone has experience with trying to purify O-linked sugars, with either of
the above lectins, or using any other reagents, I would very much like to hear
from you.

Please reply to me by e-mail as I do not regularly read this newsgroup.

Tim

--
Tim Dudgeon
British Biotech