Calmodulin binding

cheethj at ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER.EDU cheethj at ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER.EDU
Mon Mar 20 09:58:42 EST 1995

>15Mar 1995
>dan_szymanski asks...

>Is anyone out there aware of a sofware program that makes predictions
>on the suitability of an alpha-helical projection to interact with
>calmodulin...?

I do not know of a software program that will predict this, however, the
following references may be usefull:

O'Neil, K. and DeGrado, W. (1990) How calmodulin binds its targets:  sequence
        independent recognition of amphiphilic alpha-helices, Trends Bioch.
Sci. 15,         59-64.

Afshar, M., et al. (1994) Investigating the high affinity and low sequence
        specificity of calmodulin binding to its targets, J. Mol. Biol.,
244, 554-571.

I hope these help.  If you do find a program that relates to calmodulin binding
please let me know.

Good luck
Jim