phage display

Andy Morton andy at xenon
Tue Mar 21 13:53:09 EST 1995

kend wrote:
: 	I've heard a little bit about a new technique that sounds very
: promising called phage display.  From what I understand you insert a library
: of DNA into a phage in such a way that the protein coded for by the DNA insert
: is "displayed" on the surface of the phage coat.  Then you could immobilize
: your protein of interest (using GST or the like) and pull down not only the
: proteins which interact with yours but the DNA that codes for the protein as
: well.
: 	I'd like to try this in my experements but would like to know more
: about it and discuss it with others who have experience with the technique
: or at least have heard about it.

Kend,  there was a single issue of the journal Gene (Genes?) devoted to
phage display.  For some reason it sticks in my mind as being vol128#1.
(Don't ask me how i remember this  :)  Anyway, there were a few review
articles and a number of experimental articles demosntrating phage display
techniques.

Good Luck!

Andy Morton