Homotrimer-ONE!!! binding site?

Ralf Morgenstern Ralf.Morgenstern at imm.ki.se
Mon Mar 27 02:07:11 EST 1995

Our binding studies indicate that microsomal glutathione transferase binds
only one GSH per homotrimer. Are there known examples of homotrimers (or
homooligomers) with one binding site only. I have a hard time envisioning
this because of symmetry reasons (or lack of imagination). Perhaps three
overlapping sites exist of which only one can be occupied at a time. Does
anyone know of examples that describe this situation.
--
Ralf Morgenstern, IMM, Karolinska Institutet, Box 210, S-17177, SWEDEN
Tlf. +46-8-7287574, Fax, +46-8-334467, E-mail: ralf.morgenstern at imm.ki.se