help on coenzyme q10

Quimica Proteios at indirect.com
Thu Mar 30 03:00:08 EST 1995

In article <3l9mr6$4oq at infoserv.rug.ac.be>, cvrstrae at eduserv.rug.ac.be
(Claire Verstraete) wrote:

> I promessed to help a laboratory worker with her problem.
> Because she doesn't have an internet-connection, I will ask
> the question for her.
> I even don't know if i am on the right news group.
>
> My question : What is the -quantity of COENZYME Q10 (=UBIQUIMONE) in the blood
>                           -determination
>
> I would be very gratefull if you helped me.
>
> Thanks .
You mean Ubiquinones, or mitoquinones, coenzyme Q?. I would imagine that it only exist transiently in the blood because it is a predominant compound found in mitochondria and chloroplasts. Since creatures with blood dont seem to have chloroplasts, the UQ is primarily found in mt. It is used in respiration and energy production. It is an electron acceptor. As far as blood concentration you may be referring to Ubiquinone (50), C59H90O4, coenzyme Q10-a cardiovascular agent. Try the series of books, Biomedical
 and Clinical Aspects of Coenzyme Q vols 1-3, K.Folkers, Y. Yamamura, 1977,80,81. Also look up ubiquinone in the merck index it will give you either info or citations you can find pertinent info in. Hope this helps, if not let me know what it is you are trying to study and ill try and help. Good luck.
--
May your days be filled with sensory stimuli.