Tropix vs. ECL

Dale Yuzuki's Work Account dale at JWCI.ORG
Fri Mar 31 01:31:59 EST 1995

Dear netters,

I've been using Amersham's ECL system for my Westerns for a few months
now; recently I've come across Tropix's `Western-Light Plus' tertiary
detection system. How does it compare to the ECL?

(For those not familiar with Tropix's system, it uses a biotinylated
secondary antibody, and a tertiary strep-avidin linked to AP, and
developed with their CSPD substrate.)

FWIW I'm looking for the highest sensitivity around. My mouse sera
gives me very low signals of polyclonal Ab in my system. Thanks in
advance.

dy
- Dale Yuzuki M.A. M.Ed. - John Wayne Cancer Inst. - dale at jwci.org -   __@
- 2200 Santa Monica Blvd - Santa Monica CA 90404   - (310) 449-5267 _ -\<'_
- Knowledge itself is power     Frances Bacon                      (_)-/-(_)