NO. Re: A Plea To John K! (was Re: Comment to S.Blocklehurst)

Arne Elofsson arne at hodgkin.mbi.ucla.edu
Thu May 4 17:33:29 EST 1995

In article <3ob7h5$fjn at nexus.uiowa.edu> kpmurphy at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu (murphy kenneth p) writes:

> I agree with John that details should wait until the paper is published, which
> will be June or July in Proteins.  I will say that the approach they're using
> is a build-up procedure using Monte Carlo and a simplified potential function.
> I was very impressed with what Rose showed and personally feel that John's
> estimate of ten years is too conservative.

ahh... Sounds kinda interesting.
I saw some people doing this 3 years ago with a very complicated
energy function, (some kind of ab initio) Of course it did not work.

Anyone remember who that can have been ? I have a vague memore that
they were european (german ?)

So what else (besides the build up procedure) is new in Rose's stuff.
compared to their 1994 work ? Same pot-fkn ? I guess they tried it on
something bigger than a helix ?

arne