Antibodies/Peptides/Carrier Proteins

Rachel Ogorzalek Looo loo at brcf.med.umich.edu
Wed May 17 07:37:58 EST 1995

Michael Breslav <breslav at postbox.csi.cuny.edu> wrote:

> I'm interested in producing antibodies through the conjugation
>  of peptides to carrier proteins.  There are some questions which
> come to mind like: what is the carrier protein of choice, is it
>  necessary to determine the number of peptide molecules coupled
>  to the carrier protein and how is this done, the linker compound
>  of choice and a good procedure for conjugating the peptide to the
>  protein.  I will be grateful for any advice you can give me in this
>  matter.  Thank you.

	A reference you might find helpful is Peptide Antigens
A Practical Approach, edited by G. B. Wisdom, and published by IRL
Press in 1994.  Chapter 4 by James Tam discusses all of the
questions in which you are interested and gives a couple of protocols.
						Rachel
Rachel Ogorzalek Loo
University of Michigan Protein Structure Facility
2560 MSRB II
1150 W. Medical Center Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI  48109-0674
(313) 763-6734  telephone