Thermal degradation of Bovine Serum Albumen

Dave Robertson Dave.Robertson at ncl.ac.uk
Thu May 18 02:38:22 EST 1995

I am currently working on the decomposition of Bovine Serum Albumen in
the presence of various mineral surfaces. As a geochemist, I am looking
at it from the point of view of the binding processes that occur etc.
However, what I would like to know is how long would it take
(approximately) for BSA to degrade thermally in solution at 80C to the
point at which it gives virtually no response on ELISA plates?(I estimate
about nine hours / am I grossly wrong?)
Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm new to immunology.

As our newsreader crashes frequently, could any replies be sent to my
email address: Dave.Robertson at newcastle.ac.uk

Thanks in advance,

Dave.