modelling kinetics autoproteolysis?

Tom Branham tbranham at mm.wellesley.edu
Mon May 22 09:46:16 EST 1995

erix schokker (erix.schokker at zuivel.lmt.wau.nl) wrote:
> Hello

> I am doing research on the heat inactivation of proteases.
> Around the denaturation temperature autodigestion=autoproteolysis occurs, probably intermolecular.
> Now I want to model this inactivation numerically, using the following formulas:

> native  <  - >  unfolded

> native + unfolded  < -- > native/unfolded complex -- > native + inactivated enzyme

> native + substrate (other protein) < -- > native enzyme substrate complex -- >  native enzyme + products
> (Michaelis-Menten Enzyme kinetics)

> ? Does anyone know articles/research on the kinetics of autoproteolysis reactions?
> ? Does anyone know a program for making these simulations?
> ? Can I use MM kinetics for the autodigestion reaction?

Bill Gutheil (recently of Tufts) has a MATLAB package that fits data to models
by way of performing Least squares fits of the kinetics differential equations
integrations, that could, I suspect, readily be modified to do what you are
interested in.....You can try a lit search on his name to see if his stuff
has potential for what you want to try.  I have found him quite helpfull,
and if you want contact info, you can email me and I will try to get his
present locale for you........ :-)

--
tom
tbranham at mm.wellesley.edu