HELP!!! Lubrol PX

Cornelius Krasel phak004 at wrzx15.rz.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed May 24 13:20:40 EST 1995

Nick Fisher (nef at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
> In article <3psekr$77p at serra.unipi.it>, peracchia at cmns.mnegri.it
> (Francesca Peracchia) wrote:

> > I am working on metalloprotease activty and expression on endothelial
> > cells. I need to use Lubrol-PX as detergent for metalloprotease
> > membrane extraction
> > Does anybody know wich is the Company producing and distibuting this
> > reagent?

> lubrol px is polyoxyethylene 9 lauryl ether. Sigma sell this - cat no. is
> P9641.

I would be surprised if this was from their latest catalogue -- as far as
I know Lubrol PX is not produced anymore. There are other preparations of
the main compound in different purities sold by several companies. For
chemically rather pure (but quite expensive) preparations look for C12E9
or C12E10.

--Cornelius.

--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Institut f. Pharmakologie, Versbacher Str. 9, D-97078 */
/* Wuerzburg, Germany                email: phak004 at rzbox.uni-wuerzburg.de */