Protein Purification Manual

Matt Parker at332 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Thu May 25 19:41:50 EST 1995

Jim Cheetham (cheethj at ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER.EDU) writes:
>>Our lab is currently starting some protein purification and we are
>>interested in acquiring a GOOD manual.
>>We are doing the Ni 2+ column purification of a HIS-tagged protein, so the
>>book would require a good section on this
>>as well as expression info for bacteria, yeast, mammalian and insect. I
>>have heard of the Methods in Enzymology book,
>>can anyone say if this is a good one or not? TIA

	Another book you might want to look for is called "Protein
Purification: Principles and Practice," or something similar. It's by
Robert (I think) Scopes....don't know who publishes it. It's a good basic
introductory book, with a lot of good practical advice.

	Matthew Parker