ultrafiltration to v. small volume

Surus surus at ccu1.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Nov 9 22:07:06 EST 1995

I am trying to find the most efficient way of concentrating a small volume of
membrane protein solution containing detergent to a volume of c. 100-200 ul.
As the protein of interest exists in small concentration, the device used must
have v. low protein absorption characteristics. I cannot increase the conc. of
detergent ( this excludes speedvac or lyophilisation?).
Does anyone know whether there are available ultrafiltration devices (10,000-
30,000 MW cutoff) for such small volumes? Or perhaps there is some other way
of solving this problem. Many thanks, Andre.