ultrafiltration to v. small volume

Peng, Hsien-wei b1205116 at cc.ntu.edu.tw
Fri Nov 10 09:50:38 EST 1995

In article <47ufkq$5ao at net.auckland.ac.nz>, surus at ccu1.auckland.ac.nz says...

>I am trying to find the most efficient way of concentrating a small volume
of
>membrane protein solution containing detergent to a volume of c. 100-200 ul.
>As the protein of interest exists in small concentration, the device used
must
>have v. low protein absorption characteristics. I cannot increase the conc.
of
>detergent ( this excludes speedvac or lyophilisation?).
>Does anyone know whether there are available ultrafiltration devices
(10,000-
>30,000 MW cutoff) for such small volumes? Or perhaps there is some other way
>of solving this problem. Many thanks, Andre.

Try Millipore Ultrafree-MC ultra-filters.

They are composed of a small filter-cup inserted in
an 1.5ml eppendorf tube, and the max. capacity are
400 micro-liter.

Ask them for the "low-binding" product.

They have a series of MWCOs ranging from 5K to 0.45um.

I use these products to purify my samples quite well.

Millipore Co., Bedford, MA, USA
1-800-632-2708, 1-800-645-5476

Good luck!

Hsien-wei Peng