ultrafiltration to v. small volume

Danny Chamovitz chamo at peaplant.biology.yale.edu
Fri Nov 10 15:47:50 EST 1995

I've used Filtron devices with a 10k and 3k cutoff.  They usually work very
well, though at very low protein concentraions, I tend to lose alot of my
material.  This could be a specific probelm of my protein though.  If you need
to concentrate for poading on a gel, startagen makes a resin that specifically
binds proteins (sort of like glass milk for proteins) which works exceptionally
well.

Good luck!

Danny

Daniel Chamovitz				tel: 203-432-8909
Department of Biology				fax: 203-432-3854
Yale University
P.O.Box 208104				   home tel: 203-776-3474
New Haven, CT 06520-8104

"Let's not keep silent. Let our voices rise high to speak of our commitment to
peace for all times to come, and let us tell those who live in darkness who are
the enemies of life ... we are not ashamed, nor are we afraid, nor are we
anything but determined to fulfill the legacy for which my friend fell..."

King Hussein of Jordan, November 7, 1995