TELOMERASE CRYSTAL STRUCTURE?

Yasha Hartberg Yasha at bioch.tamu.edu
Sat Nov 18 12:40:56 EST 1995

In article <Pine.A32.3.91.951116190244.23952C-100000 at barbados.cc.odu.edu>,
rcd100x at barbados.cc.odu.edu wrote:

 > Is the crystal structure of telomerase known? I've done an extensive
 > literature search and so far have not come across any xray
 > crystallography studies on this protein.
 >
 > If anyone knows of an article that has reported telomerase crystal
 > structure, please email the bibliographic information to me.
 >
 > Thanks in advance.

To my knowledge no one has been able to purify telomerase to homogeneity.
Most of the work is in crude (well, relatively crude) extract.  Until the
purification scheme is worked out, a crystal structure is a distant dream.

Yasha Hartberg
Texas A&M University
"Now ritual is the husk of faith and loyalty, the beginning of confusion."
Lao Tsu