elarson at elarson at
Tue Nov 28 18:45:53 EST 1995

In <1995Nov27.134900 at>, fester at writes:

>I would like to elute protein complexes (mitochondrial respiratory
>complex III) from Blue Native Gels (about 7% acrylamide) and have
>no experience in doing so. I know electroelution is certainly the best
>way to go, unfortunately I don't have the necessary equipment.

Then what you need to try is the acrylamide gels that have a
disulfide bond in them.  I cannot for the life of me remember who
makes it, but I have seen product literature (and we did try it
in our lab long ago).  As I recall, the protocol was to run a gel
as usual, then treat with DTT (dithiothreitol or some other
disulfide reducing agent) and prufiy the protein away from the
gel goop (for lack of a better word).

Eric Larson
elarson at