Q:Algorithm for protein hydrophobicity

Mr YC Yap eln118w at lindblat.cc.monash.edu.au
Wed Sep 20 20:05:16 EST 1995

Hi there,

I'm developing a program for protein folding. One of the
factors considered is the interaction between the side-chain
and solvent (hydrophobicity). I'm using a simplified protein
model consisting of only C-alpha atoms and a single sphere
to represent each sidechain. The algorithm I'm using to handle
this hydrophobicity is from M.Levitt,1976.

Is there anyone out there with a newer/more accurate/better
algorithm to handle hydrophobicity that can be applicable
to my simplified model?

Any suggestions/hints  are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--

Alexander Yap.
Biomolecular Electronics,