protection of Lys or Arg prior to trypsin digestion

Marcus, Dr J. J.Marcus at botany.uq.edu.au
Wed Sep 20 23:34:58 EST 1995

Dear netters,
      I am wondering whether any of you out there have used
reagents to modify Arg or Lys prior to Trypsin cleavage in
order that trypsin would only cleave at the unmodified
residue.   Any success stories would be most welcome.
     I do know that there are specific endoproteinases
available for Lys and Arg cleavage.  But, it seems like it
might be cheaper and perhaps even more successful  to use
a protection scheme followed by trypsin digestion.
     Thanks in advance for the input.

John Marcus

John Marcus            Marcus at tpp.uq.edu.au (Dr J.Marcus)
Cooperative Research Centre for Tropical Plant Pathology
5th Level John Hines Building
University of Queensland
St. Lucia, QLD 4072
AUSTRALIA