ATCC contents

Ted Michelini tedm at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Sep 20 15:18:41 EST 1995

In article <43n4jh$89q at larry.rice.edu>, kend at owlnet.rice.edu wrote:

> I'm interested in using a strain of bacteria that I've seen in the
literature and
>  don't know if it has been deposited in the ATCC (the author is inaccessible
>  so far).  Any suggestions on how to go about finding out if my bacteria
> of interest is held by the ATCC?
>
> your help is appreciated,
> Ken Davenport

Ken,
Another good source is the DSM culture collection in Germany. They are
quite reasonably priced (~90DM) and prompt (~1week delivery). Some of the
searchable web sites for organisms will let you know of sources other than
ATCC. Email me if you want their Email address.

regards,

Ted Michelini
Institute of molecular Biology
University of Oregon