2-D Dilemma

theveno at cc.umanitoba.ca theveno at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Sep 21 12:15:46 EST 1995

In article <n1400508560.5641 at tcell.dnax.org>, dave_campbell at DNAX.ORG
("Dave Campbell") wrote:

> We are running IEF-SDS PAGE 2-dimensional gels on various human and murine
> cell types, and would like to identify some of the "spots" that we perceive
> via autoradiography or staining.  To this end we are looking for a database
> that lists proteins along with their molecular weight and Isoelectric point.
> I would prefer a downloadable database that contained this information, but at
> least a database that could be queried using these criteria.  Some weeks ago a
> person was inquiring about an E-Coli 2D database and was directed to the
> Swiss-Protein web site.  On my first attempt to interface with this resource I
> was unable to obtain the information that I was seeking, but certainly may not
> have gone about it in the proper fashion.  Does anybody know of a downloadable
> database that  contains MW and IEpoint data?  Or if Swiss-Prot is truly my
> best bet, is there anywhere I can get information on how to query it more
> effectively?
> Thanks for your help,
> David Campbell

Hi David,

 I, too, am constantly running 2D-PAGE and am also looking for
downloadable databases.
I have been netscaping and have found a home page on 2D stuff including
databases. I have not gone through it fully but you can check it out.
Simply put out a search for  '2D electrophoresis'  and the options are
abundant to choose from. Hope this helps.
I'll be going through it in a few weeks, hopefully, I have some wrinkles
in my protocols that need ironing out.

egreif at ccu.umanitoba.ca

Hey, hey, hey, hey! It was the DNA.
Hey, hey, hey, hey! That made me this way.