Blocking with Milk

Sucking Gippy hoekstra at unixg.ubc.ca
Thu Sep 21 20:20:55 EST 1995

Just a general question with regards to blocking membranes before
probing. I generally use a non-fat milk solution in TTBS.
Question: What are ideal dilutions to use? i.e. I've tried everything from
	  2%--> 10% Comments?

	  What is an ideal time period? Most "gaps" on the membrane (usually
	  nitrocellulose) should be blocked immediately upon addition of
	blocking agent...it would be those so called "deep down pores/holes"
	 where a time period for blocking would be effective. I guess the
	 membrane pore size would also have an effect on the time period
	 required..right? Generally I use 1 hour at room temp with the 2% milk