Active Site && Enzymatic Reaction Mecanism knowledge ???

Fabien Campagne campagne
Tue Sep 26 10:47:19 EST 1995

hi,
Does anybody knowing about an enzyme whose active site
and enzymatic mecanism had been clearly elucidated.
I'm not a biologist and don't know if there is a lot
of such cases or if no one exists at all.
I know that active site determination is frequently done
but what about mecanism proposals (steps ?
changes in the conformation for the whole enzyme, just for
a part, or not at all ?).
Please respond by mail preferably.
Thanks in advance.

--

Fabien Campagne -- campagne at pink.incm.u-nancy.fr | Theoretical Chemistry Dept.
phone: 83 91 20 00 extension 3236                | University of Nancy, France.