immunoprecipitation question

Yasushi OKADA yokada at
Sat Sep 30 10:23:42 EST 1995

Immobilize your antibody to solid support or crosslink LC to HC.

In article <44gush$hcs at> gt0332b at
(Robert Orlando Scott) writes:

> I am currently trying to immunoprecipitate a protein with a
> molecular weight of 23 kDa.  I assume the immunoprecipitation is
> complete however when I try to detect the protein of interest via
> western blotting the light chain IgG mask the area of interest.  I
> am using chemiluminescent detection procedures.  I have tried
> non-reducing conditions in my procedures however there still appears
> to be some light chains present.  Are there any tricks to avoid the
> IgG bands The same polyclonal antibody is used in both the IP and
> western blot.
* Yasushi Okada, MD.           | Email:yokada at *
* Dept. Anatomy & Cell Biology | Tel:81-3-3812-2111 ext.3336                 *
* Univ. Tokyo  JAPAN           | Fax:81-3-5689-4856                          *