WWW seq alignment site with "jumbling" test of significance?

Neil Clarke Neil.Clarke at qmail.bs.jhu.edu
Thu Jan 4 14:49:08 EST 1996

Anyone know of a WWW site that does an alignment between two protein
sequences with the option of rerunning the alignement using a randomized
("jumbled") sequence? as a test of significance? Having just given a
lecture on sequence analysis during which I extolled the virtues of the
Web, I was surprised to find that I couldn't find a good old-fashioned
Needleman-Wunsch type program out there.  Lots of local homology search
algorithms and dynamic programming algorithms for database searching, but
no 'optimal' sequence alignment stuff.  Help, please!

--
Neil Clarke
neil.clarke at qmail.bs.jhu.edu