His-tagged proteins

Michael Yamauchi yamauchi at mit.edu
Fri Jan 12 19:22:36 EST 1996

	Vadim-
			I have re-nickelated Ni-NTA-agarose resins with varying success.  I
believe Qiagen provides a protocol for doing this.  If I remember
correctly, it involves stripping the resin with EDTA and then passing
nickel sulfate over the column.
		Alternatively, I have also used Ni-NTA columns many more than 5 times
and have had pretty good resolution.  Since these resins are available for
about $5/ml, I would suggest using the resin as long as you still get good
resolution and then either replace it (if it is a relatively small
volume), or attempting to regenerate it if it is a large volume.