His-tagged proteins

Rob a417robz at horus.sara.nl
Thu Jan 18 14:00:40 EST 1996

Hi,
 I use this resin routinely to purify histagged Photoactive Yellow
Protein on large scale (100 mg -scale). After use I wash the column with
5 volumes elution buffer,  5 volumes 0.2 M aceticacid, 5 volumes bidest
and then with one volume of ZnSo4 to recharche the resin.After washing
excess metal from the column with bidest I store the material in 20 %
ethanol.
I have used one batch over 5 times (for the same protein of course) and
still had only a minor loss in protein binding capacity.
I hope that this serves you,
Greetings,  Arthur.