Most abundant protein

Rod Savidge savidge at unb.ca
Thu Jan 25 09:07:06 EST 1996

Two people have misinterpreted my previous message.  I did not say that
lignin was a carbohydrate; I did say that it and cellulose are both
polymers of C H O, which is absolutely correct.  It is also correct to say
that they are both derived from glucose.  Any statement to the effect that
the biosynthetic route to lignin is longer than that to cellulose is
nothing but speculation, as the biosynthetic route to cellulose in plants
remains uncertain.
   Rod Savidge, PhD, Professor      |         E-mail: savidge at unb.ca
   Faculty of Forestry and         \|/
      Environmental Management  \   |   /     Phone:  (506) 453-4919
   University of New Brunswick  _\/ | \/_
   Fredericton, NB CANADA          \|/        Fax:    (506) 453-3538
   E3B 6C2                          |