Is your computer being bugged????

David Micklem drm21 at
Thu Jul 11 16:50:23 EST 1996

In article <4s395g$qm2 at>, klenchin at (Dima
Klenchin) wrote:

>In article <4s34s8$1l1 at>,
>   hldco at (HLD PUBLISHING) wrote:
>->Is your computer being monitored by someone else?
>-> Is someone using your computer without your knowledge?
>[bunch of commercial crap]
>And then even better indication that spammers are usually indecent
>->Notice To: Newsgroup Moderators, Managers or Vested Interest
>->Due to HLD PUBLISHING limited list of Newsgroups, it is not our policy
>->remove a newsgroup from our list free of charge. To be removed from our
>->list of future commericial postings by HLD PUBLISHING COMPANY an Annual
>->Charge of Ninety Five dollars is required. Just send $95.00 with your
>->Name, Address and Name of the Newsgroup to be removed from our list.

What?  Didn't anybody tell them that the charge for advertising on
bionet.* is $300,000 per newsgroup?  Too bad!  That should sort out our
funding problems ;-)

What a bunch of ass-holes.

Tennis Court Road,
Cambridge CB2 1QR             Fruit flies like a banana.
Tel: [+44] (0)1223 334129     Email:drm21 at
Fax: [+44] (0)1223 334089