how to cleave His-tag

V. Yee vcyee at
Tue Jul 16 13:41:10 EST 1996

We'd like to engineer a cleavage site to remove the his-tag from
our protein but cannot use a thrombin, fXa, or enterokinase site
since these are calcium-requiring enzymes and we need to keep calcium
from our protein.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a non-calcium
dependent protease that we can use, and which has been successfully
used by others (we are considering trypsin and chymotrypsin, but
are likely to have cleavage at more than the one desired site)?

Many thanks!
Vivien yee