Enzyme kinetics software

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 4 20:57:08 EST 1996

In article <v01510100ad5cbeaac5c1@[140.163.95.179]>,
   j-sekiguchi at SKI.MSKCC.ORG (JoAnn Sekiguchi) wrote:
->        I am looking for a good software package that will enable me to
->plot my kinetics date and to determine rate constants (as well as Km, Kd,
->etc).  Does anyone have any suggestions or preferences?  Is there any
->shareware/freeware that may be able to carry out these functions?

Dear Joann,

Any decent software with built-in non linear least square algorithm
will do the job. I personally use SigmaPlot for DOS - great for publication
quality plotting, fast and straightforward. It's expensive, though, and
is getting replaced by Windows version (slow and stupid). If all your care
about is finding out equilibrium constants (Michaelis-Menten + extensions),
there is a freeware called "Kinetic". Since the author permits, I can send
it to everyone interested via email (~ 150 K ZIP, MIME or UUencode). Drop me
email if you want it.

- Dima