Overexpressed E.Coli Protein sticks DNA - help needed!

Randall Willis willis at gandalf.psf.sickkids.on.ca
Fri Mar 8 09:33:52 EST 1996

Andy,

While I don't have a protocol, I remeber in the old days, we used to
perform a polymine P precipitation of nucleic acids (has the side effect
of taking down any DNA-bound proteins as well).

Also, you could try pre-running your material over a DEAE or DE52 column
to which the nucleic acids will stick gang busters (usually elutes at
~1M NaCl).

Good luck...Randall C Willis, Publisher, Aliquotes Press
            "ALIQUOTES: A Journal of Molecular and Biochemical Humour"
            58 Balfour Ave.
            Toronto, ON
            M4C 1T6  CANADA

            416-813-5933 (ph)         willis at gandalf.psf.sickkids.on.ca