GFP fusion problems

Mark Williams mwilliams at gpo.pa.uq.oz.au
Mon Mar 11 05:10:16 EST 1996

f.s.wouters at chem.ruu.nl (fred wouters) wrote:
>I am desperately seeking for users of the pGFP-N3 N-terminal Protein
>Fusion Vector (Clontech).
>Our lab ordered this vector and it doesn't work at all, and Clontech is
>not very willing to help us with our problem (it doesn't give any
>fluorescence, not even the uncloned vector). We spoke to another user with
>the same problem.

Petra,
I purchased the N3 vector in the middle of last year, but after cloning
my gene into it, Clontech (well, the suppliers at least) called to tell
me that the N3 vector was defective: a frameshift mutation was apparently
introduced during construction of the multiple cloning site.  They
promised to send the new, improved (and hopefully correct) vector when
it's available: firstly, mid-January, then February, but it still hasn't
arrived.

Mark

PS  When I first ordered the N3 vector, I was told that Clontech hadn't
finished making it yet!!  Maybe I rushed them and caused the defect :)