b-gal transgenics

ramiro salas rs690935 at condor.mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Mar 11 14:41:00 EST 1996

Hi all, I have a question. I hope somebody knows this.
My name is Ramiro Salas and I'm a graduate student at Baylor, Houston.

My question is, what is the half life of b-gal in a living transgenic
animal? I have these mice expressing b-gal in the brain. I'm trying to
block the promoter so the b-gal expression should be much smaller, but I
don't know exactly how much should I wait for the old protein (synthesized
before I block the promoter) to be degraded. If there is any insight on
this, I would very much appreciate it.
Thatnks in advance,
Ramiro Salas
RS690935 at condor.mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu