Q Sepharose

Anna Blom Anna.Blom at bio.embnet.se
Mon Mar 18 12:17:41 EST 1996

Hello!

We use Q Sepharose from Pharmacia to purify the protein of our interest.
We run 50 mM histidine-HCl buffer pH 5.5 and elute with salt gradient.
The method worked fine but we had some problems with bacterial growth in
histidine buffer so we added some azide (first 0.02% and then by mistake
- 0.2%). The effect was devastating - nothing binds any more to that
column. Now I wonder is that process reversible - can I clean the column
somehow or is it totally lost?
Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions.
ANNA.