Acetylcholinesterase (AChE) regeneration after DFP?

Achim Treumann a.treumann at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Mar 19 16:13:24 EST 1996

Dear netters,

Acetylcholinesterase (AChE) can be inhibited with
diisopropylfluorophosphate (DFP). Howver, the inhibited enzyme can be
reactivated with oximes or hydroxamic acid derivatives. In our lab we
would like to reactivate a different (parasitic) esterase, which has been
inhibited with DFP. However, most of the reactivators described in the
literature do not seem to be available from the usual suppliers.

Can anybody point us to any of the following compounds (commercial
availability, a kind gift or an easy synthetic approach):

- P2S (1-methyl-2-hydroxyiminomethylpyridinium methane sulfonate)
- hydroxyiminoacetone
- N-phenylnicotinohydroxamic acid
- formhydroxamic acid

Please send an email to Dundee and/or answer to this newsgroup.

Ta,
Achim

--
Achim Treumann
Dept. Biochemistry			Tel. +44-1382-344301
Scotland, UK			email a.treumann at dundee.ac.uk