Protein sequencing and database screening

Peter Hunziker phunzi at bioc.unizh.ch
Thu Mar 21 14:00:55 EST 1996

Jim Warren wrote:

> Hello,
>         I'm interested in obtaining sequence data from a membrane protein
> that I am working on for the purpose of comparing it to protein
> sequence databases.  The protein is 34kDa, has an isoelectric focusing
> point of 9.0, and is molluscan.  Specifically I am interested in
> finding any information on reliable labs to sequence this protein, and
> an efficient number of residues needed to compare known sequences.
> Any information would be most helpful.
>
> Thank you
>
> Jim Warren
> Dept. of Zoology
> University of Maryland
> jwarren at zool.umd.edu

Try the home page of ABRF (Association of Biomolecular Recource
Facilities) at

http://www.medstv.unimelb.edu.au/abrf.html

in the section Yellow Pages you will find names and addresses of
laboratories providing sequencing and other analytical services.

--
Dr. Peter Hunziker
Universitaet Zuerich, Biochemisches Institut

Tel: 01/257 55 20
Fax: 01/363 79 47
E-mail: phunzi at bioc.unizh.ch