HELP! GST column with Tris-Saline?

Michael DiDonato michael.didonato at utoronto.ca
Fri Mar 22 15:18:07 EST 1996

In article <sujoy_ghosh-2103961650220001 at uswsum.glaxo.com>,
sujoy_ghosh at glaxo.com (sujoy ghosh) wrote:

> Tris would be fine for binding of the GST fusion protein to the column;
> however, the binding of GST to glutathione agarose is better at near
> neutral pHs whereas its elution is favored at pH around 8.0. This is
> something to keep in mind...
> Sujoy
>
> In article <michael.didonato-2802961045160001 at 142.20.5.150>,
> michael.didonato at utoronto.ca (Michael DiDonato) wrote:

Thanks for the info.  So I guess it would be better to use the Tris-Saline
solution at pH 7.5.  Basically all I want  to do is use Tris-Saline
instead of PBS pH 7.5.  If I reduce the pH to that of PBS would I retain
the same binding as in PBS?

By the way, how is it like working at Glaxo?

Thanks,
Michael
University of Toronto
Department of Biochemistry