GST fusion rebinding to glutathione columns

Keith Gough Keith.Gough at mel.dbe.csiro.au
Tue Mar 26 00:21:37 EST 1996

G'Day to all,

Can anyone tell me how to rebind a GST fusion to a glutathione resin.
Typically, I find that at least 50% of a GST fusion, that has been purified
from a glutathione resin by elution from the resin with glutathione, after
dialysis will not bind. The only explanation I can think of is that there is
still glutathione bound to the binding site of GST.
I am trying to remove this glutathione from the binding site with NaCl but as
yet do not know if it will work.

I would be grateful for all comments

Keith Gough