immunoblot with intracellular proteins

REYNAUD reynaud at rhin.inapg.inra.fr
Thu May 9 11:10:00 EST 1996

In a protocol for detecting the presence of a protein (FMRP) in leucocytes, I
have to lyse the blood cells.
I have already tried with 4 cycles of congelation-decongelation, but I am not
always sure that the lyse is complete. Because the goal is to develop a
diagnostic method, I would like to be sure.
Of course, I know many other methods, but I don't really have a huge material,
since I am in a genetics laboratory, where my experiments should complete a
whole one. I don't have neither a sonicator, nor liquid azote.
To the end, the method should be quick, not expensive, very sure and as simple
as possible for a routine technique.

I ask you this question in order to criticize my protocol.
I thank you in advance for your cooperation and wait a answer at :

  reynaud at rhin.inapg.inra.fr