Glycosylated cytoplasmic proteins

Louis Hom lhom at
Mon May 13 15:48:28 EST 1996

In article <4n18vk$olf at>,
Louis Hom <lhom at> wrote:
>Can anyone point me to some glycosylated cytoplasmic proteins?  It seems like
>there should be a bunch out there, but I can't think of any offhand.
	By "a bunch" I meant that I expected there to be some handful
(I.e., a small number, but not unheard of) of [unusual] cytoplasmic
proteins that are glycosylated.  I realize that glycosylation is frequently
regarded as a sort of tag on proteins in the secretory pathway or whatever
else, but there also cases where it's required for
function, and so I thought maybe there were some [exceptional] cytoplasmic
proteins that are glycosylated.  If they are out there, I don't know what
they are, but I would like to hear about them if anyone does know of some.
Lou Hom >K '93		       	    	"If brevity be the soul of wit,
lhom at  			   play on!"