Signal peptide sequence

Stefan Mueller muellers at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon May 13 09:10:37 EST 1996

In article <4mc0b7$3oh at woodstock.socs.uts.EDU.AU>, Slavica Masina
<smasina at .uts.edu.au> wrote:

>  > Does anybody know any methods, preferably recent, for the identification
>  > of protein secretory sequences and for prediciting the site of cleavage
>  > between a signal sequence and the mature exported protein. I currently
>  > have the paper of G. von Heljne (1986) Nucleic acids research, 14(11),
>  > but I would prefer computer program that performs the analysis. Can
>  > anyone help?

"Peptide Design in Machina: Development of Artificial Mitochondrial
Protein Prescursor Cleavage Sites by Simulated Molecular Evolution",
G. Schneider, j. Schuchardt, P. Wrede, Biophysical Journal Volume 68,
February 1995, 434-447

Describes in detail the construction and usage of neural networks
for predicting cleavage sites of signal peptides.

steve